Fix QuickBooks PIN Problems
Personal Identification Numbers or PINs are the passwords for your Company’s payroll service. These PINs are essential for the security of your company to prevent unauthorized transactions from your bank account. Users of QuickBooks payroll services need a PIN to transmit the payroll to payroll service, to access the company account management pages so that the bank account number can be changed. But with the passage of time, problems arise with the PIN and those can be fixed by changing it. Users can seek guidance from experts by reaching at QuickBooks customer care number during any hour.
A PIN is required to be unique and may vary between 8-12 characters, containing a number, letter and no special characters. There are two options available in the software to change or customize the PIN. For the reference of users, both are given below –
Method 1: Changing PIN in Account Maintenance page:
- Select employees > My payroll service > billing/bank information
- Click change next to My PIN under the service information
- Enter the appropriate information in the fields and click submit
Before opting for the second method you must have your admin login and password details. When you will possess these, there will be no further hassles at all. In fact, it is recommended to try the conventional method.
Method 2: Changing PIN in Send Payroll Data Window:
- Log in to QuickBooks desktop as admin
- Click employees > send payroll data
- In the send/receive payroll data window, click on send button
- In the Payroll service PIN window, click forgot your PIN
- Enter admin password > click ok
- Type in the new PIN and click submit
In case you lost your PIN or forgot it then you can also request a new PIN by opening the Payroll PIN request form and following the instructions. Almost the PIN related problems are associated with the users who forget it and come across glitches in resetting it. You can get in touch with QuickBooks technical support number to seek assistance from the experienced and certified experts.