By allowing users to share QuickBooks files between computers, the accounting software works to improve collaboration between employees. By sharing QuickBooks files, business owners and accountants can create a more comprehensive financial report about the company. Before synchronizing or sharing files, you need to see that there is only one set of QuickBooks files on the company network. Otherwise you could experience data errors while sharing the files. This article will give you a brief overview of how to share QuickBooks between computers. If you want to know more about how you can improve collaboration on QuickBooks or if you are looking to solve some data issue you can also call the QuickBooks Tech support number and speak to a certified software expert to clear your doubts.
Steps to share QuickBooks between computers
- Copy the QuickBooks installer file into both the computers using the local network. Alternately, if you are using optical drivers, you can simply put the installer disk into both machines and copy the QuickBooks installer file.
- When the installer window opens, select “Yes to All” and then proceed to the next time. Go through the QuickBooks license terms carefully and click “Next” to begin the installer.
- Click the option that reads “Use QuickBooks on this computer.” Once the option is selected, if you are using the primary computer, then you will need to click the “Store Company file for Network Sharing” option.
- Enter your QuickBooks license and product number when prompted by the installer, and then click “Install.” Once the installer is finished go to the file menu and click ‘Utilities.’ You will see an option that reads “Host Multi-User Access.”
- Locate the “Scan Folders,” and select the option to add a new folder. Use the “Scan” option to scan the primary computer and search for the QuickBooks company file.
- Open the company menu on the primary computer and select the option to “Set Up Users” in QuickBooks. Use the ‘Add User’ option to assign a new username and password and set the access options for the secondary computer.
- Keeping in mind the person using the secondary computer you can select the transaction permissions you want to give then click ‘Finish.
- Log in to the secondary computer and go to the file section to select the option to “Open or Restore Company” and “Open a Company” in QuickBooks. Search through the network location and look for the company file. Once you locate the QuickBooks file user the username and password you assigned to log in.
If you have any trouble opening the QuickBooks file on the primary or secondary computer you can call the QuickBooks Contact number and speak to an expert to fix the problem so that you can share your company files. QuickBooks technicians are available 24 hours a day and will offer you quality customer support to correct any error related to QuickBooks accounting software.