When you are handling accounting software like QuickBooks it is very vital that you create backups of the company files as they hold important information about your clients and businesses. So that if ever there is an accident or problem with your QuickBooks software and you lose your data files, you can always restore them back. If you want to back up your file, then you are required to perform some steps to achieve that. If you want to know how you can correctly create a backup of QuickBooks files you can take this blog as a reference. Or you can also contact QuickBooks customer support number to avail the same help from more reliable sources.
Before you begin with the backup, you need to check if your computer has enough space and also check the internet to see if you have a strong connection. These are preventive measures you need to take to avoid any unnecessary complication while creating the backups. If you have checked everything, you can go ahead and start performing the steps that have been mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to switch the mode to the single To do this, you must go to the file menu and under this option, you need to click on the ‘switch to single user mode’ to activate it.
- Now select the ‘backup company’ option from the file menu and then select ‘create local backup’.
- When the backup window appears, click on ‘local backup’ and select ‘options’.
- When the backup option window appears, click on ‘browse’ and select the location where you want to store the backup copy.
- Click ‘ok’ after you have chosen the appropriate location.
- And on the ‘create backup’ window click on the ‘next’ option.
- After this, you can choose whether to save the files now or schedule it for later.
- If you want to save it now, you will be prompted to choose the location. The default location for the files will be the one that you have chosen. But if you want to save it on a different location, browse for it and click ‘save’.
Also Read: How to fix QuickBooks error code 30159
This is how you can back up a company file on QuickBooks manually. For any assistance with any technical error or complication, you can contact QuickBooks technical support number to acquire professional help from certified representatives who have years of experience.