QuickBooks is a highly efficient accounting software, they always have their focus on keeping the software up to date. In the course, they constantly keep providing the users with updates in the software. Recently the users of QuickBooks came across the issue where they were not able to open Payroll after they had updated their QuickBooks software. If you also find yourself in a similar situation, it would be ideal to connect with the QuickBooks Technical Support Number and avail their professional assistance. There also some troubleshooting methods that the users can undertake themselves to try and solve this problem. The methods to troubleshoot this problem has been stated below:
Step 1: Close all the processes of QuickBooks that is running on your system
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Delete command and open the Task Manager
- Go through all the processes that end with .qb, intuit or QuickBooks and run a check on them
- Further, choose all those tasks and end completely end the process.
Step 2: Try to repair QuickBooks
- The first thing to be done is to restart your system.
- Also, ensure that all your QuickBooks data are backed up.
- Then go the start menu and search for Control Panel.
- Choose and open the Control Panel.
- Open the option of Programs and Features.
- When this opens, search for QuickBooks in the list.
- When you find QuickBooks, click on it and choose the Uninstall/Change option.
- Click on the command that says ‘Continue’ and then proceed to the next step.
- Choose the option of Repair. This would start the installation wizard to begin the repairing process. Patiently wait until the process is completed.
- After you are done with the repair process, choose to restart your computer.
While you are going through the process of repairing the software, it is possible that you might come across the error message ‘Files in use’. There is nothing to be worried about, you can simply select the option to ignore this error.
Step 3: Update Payroll to the latest Tax Table.
While trying to troubleshoot the issue that you have come across, ensure that you have updated Payroll to its latest Tax Table. The process to do so is as follows:
- In the QuickBooks Desktop, search for Employee section.
- Then further navigate to the Payroll Updates and choose it.
- Now select and click and download the entire Payroll.
- After you have completed the above step, opt for the update option.
- After the download process is complete, you would get a prompt message that the new tax table has been updated. Click on ‘OK’ and go through the changes for your reference.
These were the troubleshooting methods that would help you to overcome the issue of Payroll not opening after QuickBooks update. If these steps do not rectify the issue, immediately connect with the QuickBooks Contact Number for Service and avail expert guidance on how to move forward with this issue.