QuickBooks is an efficient software that is used for managing the accounting and bookkeeping services. The software is best suited for startups and medium-sized businesses and aids the users to handle the tasks in an effective manner. The software is capable of handling around thirty different users at one time and manage their data. Making the accounting prospects easier, the users can sometimes come across an issue where the software fails to connect to the remote server. If that ever happens with you, then you can always get in touch with the experts at QuickBooks customer service number. You can also read this blog to fix this issue with the help of manual troubleshooting steps.
Why does the software fail to connect to the remote server?
Before you move forward to troubleshooting this issue, you must first understand the fundamental reasons behind it
- A third party firewall is previously installed in the Network.
- The server is disconnected or has not been set up properly
- The QuickBooks database server manager is unable to run the server due to its poor condition
How to resolve the issue of QuickBooks not able to connect to the remote server?
There are different ways by which you can resolve this issue.
Update QuickBooks to its latest version
- Open QuickBooks software and download the latest version.
- Click on the desired product and then click on the link to download the updated file.
Verify the Settings in the Webmail Preferences
- Next step, after downloading the latest updates is to navigate to the QuickBooks Edit menu and click on Preferences
- After that click on ‘Forms’ and choose the mail account that you are using
- Edit the outgoing (SMTP) server details.
- Configure the settings manually by adding the server address and port number
Reset the Internet Explorer Settings to Default
- Open Internet Explorer(web browser) and then click on Tools Menu
- Click on the Internet and then go to the advanced tab.
- Move to the option of restoring advanced settings
- Click on Okay and after that close the web browser
Create a network data file
- Press the Windows Key and in the search bar type ‘QB Database, Server Manager.’
- Click on Database Server Manager.
- If the users are unable to find it, they need to uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall it.
- After that in the QuickBooks Database server manager window, search the path of the company file
- Create a new folder and scan the company files
- After the scanning is complete, you can verify the .nd data that were created
If you come across any troubles while executing the given steps, you can always reach out to the technical experts by dialing QuickBooks tech support number where the professionals are available through the communicative channels of live chat support, emails, and calls.