What to do when QuickBooks does not send email invoices but creates pdf files?
This error in QuickBooks happens when there is a problem in the account security settings of the email provider, or the email preference is being set incorrectly, an error in QuickBooks installation or because the domain admin was blocked. And sometimes, it also happens when the QuickBooks version is outdated. And by updating it to the latest release, the problem gets solved immediately. But there are times when you might need to put in a little more effort to get rid of the complication. So this blog has listed down some steps which can prove to be vital in tackling the problem at hand. If you want to fix this issue, you can either refer to this blog or you can get in touch with verified representatives at QuickBooks support number.
So before carrying on further, you need to check if your QuickBooks software is in its latest edition or not. If it isn’t, you need to update it. And if the problem still remains even after updating, you need to follow the steps below.
Check the settings of webmail preference
- To proceed, first, go to the menu bar and click on ‘edit’.
- Under this, choose ‘preferences’ and select ‘send forums’.
- After that under the ‘my preference’ tab, click on the email that you are currently using.
- Now click on ‘edit’ and either mark the ‘SSL’ box or choose ‘default’. And when the server field appears, make sure that the server name matches your ‘email provider setting’.
Send emails using Sample Company file.
- On your QuickBooks, go to the ‘file’ menu and select ‘close company’.
- When you see the ‘no company open’ window, click on the ‘open a sample file’ option and choose the file you want to utilize.
- After this, set up your email service in QuickBooks desktop and try sending the email again.
So through these two methods and the steps, you will be able to send email invoices normally. If at any point, you run into some technical error or issue, contact QuickBooks Payroll support to gain access to professional and experienced experts.