QuickBooks is a highly effective accounting software, which is lauded by numerous accountants and bookkeepers. This software is capable of handling all the accounting needs of the users. Even when there are a lot of benefits of using this accounting software, it is accompanied by some inevitable glitches as well. One common issue which the users come across is when they face difficulty in installing QuickBooks software. Several users have raised the issue of encountering installation error while installing this software on Windows and Mac. When the users face this error, they are unable to set up QuickBooks on their system. There are various reasons because of which the users would have to face this malfunction. Even though this is a significant issue, the users can efficiently resolve the same using some simple troubleshooting methods. The users often have the option of connecting with QuickBooks Customer Support Number where they would get all the required assistance in rectifying this issue. The users can also choose to solve this problem by undertaking the solution that has been provided in this blog.
Causes of QuickBooks Installation Error
When users wish to solve this error, it is vital that they understand the roots of the same. Once the user has a complete understanding of the issue, the process of solving this get easier. Some of the most common causes of this error has been mentioned below:
- When the users continuously double click on the company file or when they try to open the company files repeatedly, it would restrict the file from open successfully.
- When the users access the company file using the wrong method, that would also result in this error.
- When there is some issue with the software file or Windows file.
- When the QuickBooks file is accessed using an improper version of QuickBooks, it could also trigger this error.
- When the users have corrupt data or files of QuickBooks, incorrect file name, or extension.
Process of solving QuickBooks installation error on Windows and Mac
Once the users are aware of what is causing the malfunction, then they can easily solve the issue using some basic troubleshooting methods. The steps which the users would have to undertake are:
Process 1: Close QBW32.exe running program
- The users can use the option of pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc to access the task manager, and then you can click on the Processes tab.
- Further, you can click on the heading which says ‘Image Name’ to sort the list alphabetically.
- Now go to the location of the .exe file and choose the end its process.
Process 2: Suppress the QuickBooks Application
- The user would have to right-click on the QuickBooks icon while pressing and holding the Ctrl key the user can choose the open QuickBooks.
- By doing so, the users can easily open the company file without encountering any error.
Process 3: Reboot the system
When the users reboot their system, it would refresh their RAM and would also solve the issue which is causing this error.
If the users are unable to solve the error using these above-given steps, then some additional process which they can undertake are:
- Re-register QuickBooks components which are present in the Windows.
- Repair QuickBooks installation.
- Do a clean installation of the QuickBooks software.
In case you are still not able to solve QuickBooks installation error on Mac and Windows, then it is advised that the users promptly connect with the Quickbooks customer support team.